203. Alliance Tower 2 LSC 7, Savita Vihar Delhi, 110092 India
About Us Career
The road trip from Mumbai to Pune via Mumbai–Pune Expressway offers a scenic view of the Western Ghats and the long tunnels make this road trip an amazing affair for a bike ride from Mumbai, and experiencing some of the thrilling things to do in Pune. Pune.
The best time to take this road trip from Mumbai to Pune is between August and March.
Time: 2 hours 59 minutes via Mumbai–Pune Expressway
Distance: 148 km
Places to go on en route are:
1. Tapovan Hill, Devghar – This peaceful retreat near Pune is known for its serene landscape as well as ecotourism. Take a little detour from the main town and reach this viewing point on a hill that is known for the exceptional vistas of the Sahyadri.
2. Rajmachi Fort, Rajmachi, Lonavala – One of the oldest forts in the state, this historic structure is a famous trekking destination for all adventure lovers. You can plan to do the complete trek on your way, or just take a drive around to capture the stunning views of the hilly landscape, especially during the monsoon.
3. Pawna Lake, Lonavala – One of the most popular hill stations between Mumbai and Pune, this old town offers incredible viewing points and of course wonderful weather. Pawna Lake is one of the many treasures of Lonavala. You can go for a boat ride or even stay overnight, go fishing, walk the trails, and enjoy the vistas from the riverside. It will be a lifetime experience.
4. Bushi Dam, Lonavala – The biggest and most popular among several river dams of Lonavala, Bushi dam and its reservoir are best viewed during the rains.
5. Duke’s Nose Peak, Khandala – The key attraction of Khandala, Lonavala’s sister town, this peak is a popular corner among locals and tourists likewise. Enjoy the lusher surroundings and misty clouds, particularly during the rainy season.
6. Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Karnala – Just before you reach Mumbai city, you can take the exit towards Rasayani and reach this natural enclave housing one of the largest bird sanctuaries in the state. During winter, you can go for a short bird watching tour, while in the monsoon, go for a jungle trek. You can enjoy the whole journey very much and it is best to find some solace and change from the monotonous routine.
The best places to eat while traveling is:
-The Food Plaza, Dahivati Tarf Boreti (near Deku) – highway side food court with fast-food chains, confections, and restaurants.
-Rama Krishna Veg & Non-Veg, Lonavala – local eatery specializing in South Indian dishes.
-Himalaya Punjabi Family Restaurant, Panvel- highway side family restaurant serves authentic Punjabi Dhaba-style food and is popular among travelers.
The famous markets there are juna bazaar, M.G. road, Laxmi road, hong kong lane, etc. You can also visit not so famous but worth visiting Adlabs Imagica – an amusement park with several theme-based rides and a further drive to Lavasa is one of the best road trips from trekking around the Bhimashankar Wildlife sanctuary, visiting museums and forts, Neelkantheshwar Temple, long tunnels on the expressway, which have very pretty waterfalls, which is a paradise in itself and you can have a lot of pictures there. To visit in Pune are the Shivneri Fort, Aga Khan Palace, Sinhagad, Shaniwar Wada Palace, and Pataleshwar Cave Temple. If You love wildlife make sure to visit the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park. And for the amazing food, you should visit Malaka spice, shagreen, hotel Shreyas, etc.
For cheap and safe bikes contact